-
November 23rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
#11
HB Forum Owner
Oh no, don't sell your Caitie!
I am a very happy Caitie owner. [img]smile.gif[/img] I got her RIGHT when they discontinued the mold and before they went bankrupt (they're now under new ownership). These dolls make really good redheads, although if you're going to resell her, you probably wouldn't want to change the wig.
Here are photos of my Caitie doll, so you can see one of her "sisters." [img]smile.gif[/img]
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4286356935
Congratulations on your great find!!!
-
November 23rd, 2005, 11:42 PM
#12
Inactive Member
She's a beautiful redhead! The Catie I found even has green eyes, which I really love. Four out of five of the family has green eyes, all of us except my son who has blue. I keep wondering if his will turn greenish eventually. [img]smile.gif[/img]
But I think she's probably destined for sale or trade, because I have absolutely no My Twinn clothing, and I hate to start something totally new at this point.
-
November 24th, 2005, 12:14 AM
#13
HB Forum Owner
Bridget, are you interested in sewing at all? They are such a snap to sew for; the dolls are a larger size than AG, and don't need the little Velcro tabs on the sleeve openings.
If you decide to sell her, I bet you will make a profit! (It would be hard not to!) [img]wink.gif[/img] I keep an eye on My Twinns on eBay just out of curiosity.
Tamsen is the face mold that consistently sells in the hundreds. If you type in "caitie my twinn" on eBay over time, you'll be able to find the general asking price (but, it doesn't look like there are any there right now). From what I remember, I think you could expect more like $130-200, but you have one thing going for you (the white torso). It's probably pretty hit or miss, depending on what people are looking for at the time you'd put it up for sale. And, as smoredrama mentioned, definitely be sure to mention it's a "Denver doll" if you can verify that in any way--it is a big selling point.
This is a great site for looking at the face molds:
http://www.allatsea.co.za/ourtwinns/...cemoldmain.htm
Good luck with whatever you decide! They really are nice dolls, so she might capture your heart before you put her up for sale . . . [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 23, 2005 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>
-
November 24th, 2005, 04:09 PM
#14
Inactive Member
I'm hopeless at sewing. Everything I try looks like something the [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] dragged in. But even $100 or so looks good to me. I only paid 1.99 for the poor girl. Hopefully she'll find a nice home, and I'll find a Kaya, and if I'm lucky, some accessories for my younger daughter. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] She is pretty though. I think if I were going to collect dolls, I'd probably keep her. I love those green eyes. But I'm not. I'm not. I'm not. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks